Using personal care products that are more natural and organic is very popular and using chemical free shampoo products is also a rising trend.
The main reason why you and I use shampoo is to ensure that our hair is clean of dirt/dust and excess oil. We also want our hair to be healthy, shiny, thick, “frizz-free” and easy-to-style.
The aforementioned reasons will dictate your choice of shampoo and other hair products including: conditioner, relaxer, etc. Whatever hair product you chose will eventually impact how your hair looks.
There is a growing interest as regards the ingredients that go into the manufacture of shampoos. This is because research has shown that some of the ingredients that go into the production of shampoos have been found to be harmful.
This is because 60% (minimum) of the ingredients in shampoos will be absorbed by your skin. A prolonged use of shampoos increases the interaction of your skin with these ingredients which may eventually endanger your health.
Some ingredients that have been found to be harmful include:
- Parabens: Used as preservatives and has been linked to endocrine disruption, cancer and “reproductive toxicity”.
- SLS (sodium lauryl sulphate): Formerly used as an industrial degreaser but is used to make shampoo “foamy”. It is a known irritant.
- Coal Tar: Used in anti-dandruff shampoos and sometimes appears as a colour plus number e.g. “FD & C Red” No. 6. It is a known carcinogen and is banned in the EU.
- PEG (polyethylene glycol): Used as a “penetration” enhancer. Sadly, it is often contaminated with ethylene and “1,4-dioxane”. Including PEG, they are all known carcinogens.
Chemical free shampoo brands:
Armed with the above knowledge (about the harmful ingredients), many people nowadays are opting to use chemical free shampoos. I guess the next question you would ask is “What is a chemical free shampoo?”
Well, first of all, you need to know that all shampoos including natural and organic contain chemicals. The difference between regular, natural and organic shampoos is in how the chemical ingredients are prepared as described below:?
These are ingredients which are synthesized in a chemical factory. They are the cheapest because they can easily be produced in large scale.
These are ingredients extracted mostly from plants. However, due to the fact that the amount of plants grown for cosmetic purposes is limited, natural ingredients tend to be more expensive than synthetically derived ingredients.
These are ingredients extracted from organically grown plants without use of chemical pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers. These are generally the most expensive because growing large quantities of plants organically is quite dear.
In the broad sense of the word, there is no such thing as a chemical free shampoo and conditioner. When people talk about chemical free shampoos, they usually mean shampoos that don’t contain harmful chemicals as part of their ingredients i.e. a shampoo without harsh chemicals.
Our choice for the best chemical free shampoo:
If you are looking for the best chemical free shampoo in the market, then look no further than Pura D’or Premium Organic Argan Oil Anti-Hair Loss Shampoo.
It is one of the few organic anti-hair loss shampoos whose preservatives are 100% plant based extracts. More importantly, the major ingredients exclude: coal tar, parabens, PEG, SLS and other harmful/harsh chemicals. This means that it can be used daily for all hair types by both men and women.
Its new formula is the most effective anti-hair loss shampoo in the market due to the unique “DHT-Blocker-Blend” found in the shampoo.
This shampoo will prevent hair loss by nourishing your hair follicles with essential nutrients to reinvigorate lifeless hair which will initiate the regeneration process.?>> Click here to view Pura D'or on Amazon
Pura D'or benefits:
- This shampoo contains over 15 DHT (dihydrotestosterone) blockers. DHT is the chief cause of hair loss and male pattern baldness (MPB). It will block the conversion of testosterone to DHT and will regenerate your hair.
- This shampoo will reduce the damage caused by free radicals to the scalp which ensures that it will remain rooted for longer periods.
- It contains biotin which will strengthen individual hair strands thus giving your hair more volume.
- The niacin in this shampoo will ensure that there is more circulation of fluids to your scalp. This ensures that your scalp is adequately hydrated thus reducing formation of flaky dry skin on the scalp. Dry flaky skin weakens hair follicles making them to fall off.
- Your hair will benefit from the anti-oxidants present in this product. Anti-oxidants eliminate toxins and free radicals which are harmful to your scalp.
- Your hair will look much healthier due to the shine and lustre provided by this product.
Other popular chemical free shampoo brands:
Argan Oil Shampoo:
Manufactured by Maple Holistics, this shampoo has Argan oil as its main ingredient and is enriched with a blend of vitamins and essential oils that are unique.
Argan oil is rare and will leave your hair looking healthy and shiny. There are no harsh chemicals included in its ingredients.
Ginesis Healthy Hair Shampoo:
An environmentally safe and non-toxic product that is perfect for the whole family, this shampoo will correct flaking discolored dry hair that results from chemical damage.
Ginesis is also recommended for people who might be using a synthetic hair product too such as hair extensions or implants.?
NaturOli Soap Nut Shampoo:
An all-round, organic shampoo manufactured without any harsh chemicals and scores a 1 (due to its low toxicity) on the Environmental Group’s safety rating for cosmetic products.
There is a lot of buzz around Soap Nuts at the moment and how they can be used to help you keep clean and healthy naturally.?
Should you use a chemical free shampoo and conditioner?
If you are experiencing premature hair loss, hair thinning or early onset of male pattern baldness (MPB), don’t hesitate to get the Pura D'or shampoo. Since over 90% of its ingredients are USDA certified as being organic, you won’t have to worry about any harmful chemicals that are found in other brands of shampoo. This product is worth every penny.
Please ensure that you use it for at least 3 months so as start seeing improvements.
All in all, hair loss is a problem that a huge number of people experience. It can be quite detrimental to one's self-esteem and that is why if you can sort the problem, you should. You don't need to suffer from embarrassing hair loss that can be remedied.